Monday, June 19, 2017

Did this help him host the live TPiR show?

Didn't have much else to do, so I rummaged around the game show Interwebs and found one of the oddest items ever.

IMDb credits Todd Newton, host of Whammy, Family Game Night and countless runs of The Price is Right's live show, with a role on Charmed. For those who don't remember or never knew, Charmed was a Shannon Doherty vehicle on the now defunct WB network. It was a fantasy series about three yuppie witches who stumble through various goofball adventures.

The show was about as far removed from my demo and interest range as possible, so I never saw a minute of it. Until today. I found the episode with Todd's supposed appearance on DailyMotion and blitzed through it, looking for Mr. Newton.

I didn't see him but I did see the role he is credited for. The character's called "Yama" (see screenshot) and he's a demon with a nasty attitude, a black horse, and lots of growls and heavy breathing. I have no idea if that's really Todd Newton on the horse, or if he just voiced the breathing and growls, or if he was actually in the show at all. But would IMDb lie to me?

Well, maybe. But I must admit, it would be nice if this role really is on Todd's resume. He should do one of the TPiR shows in that get-up.

19 comments:

  1. Lots of hosts were known to play scary creatures, such as Bert Convy playing the titular snake in Anaconda, and Art James playing the shark in Jaws. So this is a strong possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot to add Chuck Woolery playing a 3 headed shark in the SyFy original movie Three Headed Shark Attack.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, plus Drew Carey playing a shark in 47 Meters Down.

      Delete
    3. Or Steve Harvey playing a t-rex in Jurassic World.

      Delete
  2. You know you watched Charmed then, but today you wouldn't because you hate the older is better crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes about as much sense as your usual comments. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say - and you're obviously not sure, either - but Charmed (1998-2006) would be "modern junk" to the older-is-better folks.

      Delete
    2. I knew you would say older is better. There's another drink according to the Game Show Follies drinking game.

      Do you do anything besides complain?

      Delete
    3. Besides complaining, I try to figure out what the hey you are talking about . It is not easy.

      Delete
  3. How is Wheel of Four Tunes played? Does Pat Sajak spin a wheel with song titles on it four times then spin the four tunes it lands on? That would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how it is played!

      Delete
    2. Well, the game makes as much sense as hat putato's comments.

      Delete
  4. Now that I think about it, maybe hat putato is taking those drinking games literally. That would explain a lot about his incoherent comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, there used to be a commenter on this blog called "Pat Hutato." He left brilliant remarks like these:

    hi, i lick bigg munny gam showws. thu wal iz kool and so iz milyinair. im glad tat milyinair iz getin betir ratingz. kris harisin iz a gud host. im pat hutato, and i lick bigg munny gam showws, and michael taylor rulez!

    When I tracked his username I got Super AWORio, another odd commenter who's showed up here.

    Are hut putato and Pat Hutato and Super AWORio all one and the same? I dunno, but they all seem to be hitting the bottle pretty hard. Those drinking games, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You write the same types of posts and complain about the same topics over and over. Hence, the drinking game.

      Hope you can take insults since you seem to dish them out.

      Delete
    2. Judging from your asinine comments, drinking doesn't seem like a game for you. It looks like more of a full-time occupation.

      Delete
    3. I hope I don't end up a cranky old lonely man like you when I retire.

      Delete
    4. I'm old but I sure ain't lonely. Just the opposite, in fact.

      Delete
  6. Yes, Pat Hutato was another alias I used. "hat putato" is a different poster, but both of us were inspired by a post made by Dan Harrisfield under the alias "Pete Sweat" back in 1998. "hat putato" has continued to be a popular meme at alt.tv.game-shows and elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. an yez, i still lick bigg munny gam showws.

      Delete