Thursday, February 16, 2017

Shuffle up and deal on Buzzr

Have no idea if this is real or just a quirk on the ScreenerTV schedules. But that web site is now showing a major shakeup in the Buzzr weekday schedule starting February 28. So far the prime time schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week is up on ScreenerTV (all times Eastern)...

Tuesday Feb 28
8:00 PM Let's Make a Deal
8:30 PM Let's Make a Deal
9:00 PM Tattletales
9:30 PM Tattletales
10:00 PM Press Your Luck
10:30 PM Press Your Luck

Wednesday Mar 1
8:00 PM Let's Make a Deal
8:30 PM Let's Make a Deal
9:00 PM Tattletales
9:30 PM Tattletales
10:00 PM Super Password
10:30 PM Super Password

No word yet on what happens the rest of the week. There are plenty of other changes throughout the day. Basically, Match Game and Family Feud get cut back a lot. Maybe Fremantle execs really are tired of complaints about overuse. Other shows slot in here and there with no apparent pattern, except the three black-and-white stalwarts (TTTT, WML, IGAS) always stay together.

You can check out the schedule here. We'll see what happens as more days are added to the ScreenerTV listings.

And in some real game show Kremlinology, the Buzzr web site is now showing more recent color versions of To Tell the Truth in its banner. A hint of things to come?

UPDATE: I posted this entry on Game Show Paradise and got a little skepticism. My reply...

As I said in my original post, I have no idea if the ScreenerTV schedule is accurate or not. It's kind of hard to imagine the site just coming up with an entirely different schedule out of nowhere. And Fremantle has been hearing from media types - though not the game show Interwebs - about the Match Game/Family Feud overload.

That said, I haven't gotten any press releases from Buzzr about a schedule change. Usually, a lot of stuff from the diginet lands in my inbox about anything new or different. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

UPDATED UPDATE: I'm starting to think this is just a goof on ScreenerTV. As another GSP poster noted, buzzrplay.com has the current weekday schedule all the way through March 17. So it looks like the current lineup will endure for a while.

UPDATED UPDATED UPDATE: Yep, the new schedule was just a temporary goof by ScreenerTV. The site now has the current schedule for as long as the eye (or the web site) can see. We're not done with the Match Game/Family Feud overload.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely would love to see Moore TTTT on the schedule. Probably on the top of my wish list now that they've added Combs Feud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm getting pretty Kremlinological (is that a word?) about the Buzzr banner with the more recent TTTT versions. But maybe we'll see them down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the schedule is staying the same. Yeah, I could do without the excess Match Game and Dawson Feud airings, but I didn't want to see Combs Feud, $ale of the Century, and Password Plus leaving the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't much like the current prime time schedule on Buzzr. Password Plus is the only show I watch at all. I will say that it's nice Buzzr has brought back Combs Feud. The Dawson eps - especially from 1985 when he was tired and bored - were really overused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed watching some 85 episodes on YouTube that Dawson wasn't his genial and sarcastic self like in the earlier runs.

      I'm glad Combs is on Buzzr. He is probably one of my favorite game show hosts of all time. Witty and charming. Shame what happened to him after he left the Feud.

      Delete