Monday, February 20, 2017

Going negative

A thread on Game Show Paradise discussed an interesting question about one of my top ten game shows, at least in my latest list.

If this show [The Chase] ever returns to GSN with new episodes, one thing I'd like to see is The Beast give low offers that are in the negatives like in the U.K. version. I think that would be interesting. Do you sacrifice money in order to increase your chances of going to the final chase?

Seems like a bad risk to me, taking a cut in prize money just to get another civvie in the final chase. Another poster on the board commented that he heard GSN's producers didn't allow Mark Labbett to make negative offers. To be honest, I always thought the producers themselves made the offers and Labbett only relayed them. (Sort of like Deal or No Deal and the banker.) Gotta control that prize budget, especially on a mid-sized cable net.

Wikipedia (usual caveats) tells me that The Chase has expanded to Australia, China, Croatia, Germany, Norway, Russia, Serbia and Turkey. I see stories now and then about the Aussie and original Brit versions, but I can't say I've seen anything about the Norwegian variety. It's called Jaget if you wanted to know.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO, it's non sensical posts like this. That's why people hardly read your site anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked the stats. Over the last thirty days the site is averaging just over 1,500 pageviews per day. Not exactly Google-sized traffic, but somebody is reading it. Like you, for instance. Too bad you broke your promise to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did I say that? I think you misread. I said if you want to harbor retards like Horan and his socks, I'm out. I know reading is hard for you.

    And another thing, why do you keep referencing the people you hate at GSF? Honestly, do you have some kind of sick obsession with them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I said if you want to harbor retards like Horan and his socks, I'm out."

    Zach Horan is still free to post here. In fact, I don't have to delete his comments like I often have to eject your obscenity-splattered screeds. Reading seems to be impossible for you, because you can't understand "Legalities and Technicalities" at the end of the blog.

    Anyway, you'll never leave. You're like those asinine celebs who said they would leave the country if Trump won. Then their accountants told them about foreign tax rates.

    As for sick obsessions, your attraction to profanity in your comments is pretty unhealthy. I do enjoy wiping out your comments when you give into the obsession, though.

    ReplyDelete