Thursday, February 2, 2017

Get ready to match the stars all the time

GSN has dropped its noon hour (Central time!) of John O'Hurley's Family Feud in favor of another hour of the best game show of all time, Match Game.

For those like me who get both Buzzr and GSN on our cable systems, this marks an interesting milestone. As I comment on Game Show Paradise...

Thanks to Buzzr and GSN you can now watch Match Game eight hours a day on weekdays (all times Eastern):

2:00AM-4:00AM Buzzr
8:00AM-9:00AM GSN
10:00AM-12:00PM Buzzr
1:00PM-2:00PM GSN
4:00PM-6:00PM Buzzr

It's my favorite game show ever and that includes everything. But talk about overkill. Sixteen eps a day? This almost makes Harvey Feud look sparingly used on GSN. By the way, this Match Game schedule survives the prime time shakeup on Buzzr starting February 6.

Other poster: Hahaha, no. Nice try. I know you're popular for posting some questionable stuff, but come on now. Harvey Feud is airing from 6pm to 2am tonight before Divided reruns come on at 2am.

Check the weekday schedules for both networks. Harvey Feud runs 31 hours on GSN, Match Game runs 40 hours on Buzzr/GSN. On weekdays the MG overkill does make Harvey Feud look almost (you missed the humor) sparingly used.

I'll admit that Harvey Feud catches up on the weekend when GSN doesn't use MG and Buzzr cuts back very slightly on the show (though Match Game still gets 11 hours on the diginet). And I shouldn't say this because the usual suspects will squawk, but at least we won't hear constant complaints about MG overkill from the game show Interwebs...like we do about Harvey Feud. We can be grateful for that.

7 comments:

  1. Actually it's the 1 pm hour. That means O Hurley is officially gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He used central time. I noticed that on GSP.

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that. With MG now at 1 pm, i wonder if this'll make classics fans think, "MG at 1 pm? That means more classics in the afternoon!"

      Delete
    3. Sounds like GSN might be trying to compete with Buzzr. Maybe this is the last hurrah though. CBS might be buying Sony, and who knows what will happen with GSN

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm used to seeing John at noon here in DFW. You know, he gets a lot of guff as a dull host of Feud, but I thought he was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the Central Time. Thanks for clarifying.

      Delete
  3. Okay, I think I got all the times in the post right now. What I call Central is Central and what I call Eastern is Eastern. I think.

    ReplyDelete