Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Divided opinions

Lazy today so I'll just repost some of my drivel from Game Show Paradise. The subject is Divided, which (believe it or not) is a new game show that GSN debuts this week. Our little game show network doesn't do such things very often any more. The last new game show they tried was Winsanity, which didn't win.

Other poster: I think I'll be staying far away from this show.

Sure, Divided probably won't have much appeal on the largely traditionalist game show Interwebs. Maybe if GSN could fool everybody into thinking it was from 1982, it might have a chance with the Internet crowd.

The question is whether Divided will lure people who watch stuff on GSN with less than decades of dust on it. I think it's got a shot, at least more than Window Whatever did. That sucker was clearly going to bomb because the audience for window decorating is pretty limited. The audience for quizzers is a lot bigger. Divided will get a Harvey Feud lead-in and a pairing with Idiotest, which has been a consistent demo winner by GSN's geriatric standards even if the total viewer numbers aren't gigantic.

We'll know when Showbuzz posts the cable ratings this Friday. The show did earn a second thirty-ep season on ITV in Britain but then ran out of steam (seven eps of the second season never made it to air). At least it lasted for 53 eps in Blighty.

One more thing I didn't post on Game Show Paradise. I already reviewed Divided (favorably) when GSN sneak-peeked it back in November. So I won't do another full-blast review. I will update this post with the Showbuzz numbers, though.

5 comments:

  1. Saw on Broadcasting And Cable that The Wall will get 20 more episodes on NBC. Hey why not. It's NBC biggest game show hit since probably Deal Or No Deal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey much better show to watch than Divided.

      Delete
  2. I'd make the percentages 50-30-20 instead of 60-30-10. I think more teams would make money as the lowest gets twice as much as they get now. I don't know if it's a rule but I'd say the same person can't use both Takeovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if it is 50-30-20, then the people wouldn't argue about it. they would just argue over who is 60. The difference between 30 and 20 would be lost in arguing . . . so most people would just take the 20 instead of arguing it away

      Delete
  3. This is the dumbest game ever .Why start the game with four players if after the third question you are going to kick him out anyway.with no money at that. Then the three way split, I say this should be an even split.

    ReplyDelete