Saturday, December 3, 2016

Update

Just a brief note literally from an IPad as I lie in a hospital bed. The worst is definitely past, and I'm well on the way to that fabled total recovery. The details are not germane to the blog, and HIPAA is invoked. Let's just say that if the situation wasn't life threatening, it was a helluva lot closer than I wanted. Extensive emergency surgery was required. My enormous thanks to all the superb medical professionals who got my unruly system back on track.

I expect to resume blogging within the next five to seven days. See you then.

UPDATED UPDATE: Well, I changed my mind about HIPAA. Seems like weird theories grow on the web in the absence of full facts. I warn readers that the facts here are not for the squeamish.

Last Thursday I developed sharp pain in my abdomen. I also had a lot of gas, and not sweet smelling gas, either. Things got worse over the next several days. Finally I was retching uncontrollably and vomiting what looked like liquid excrement.

What had happened was that a small hernia had opened in my abdominal wall. A part of my small intestine had gotten caught in the opening, producing a complete blockage. With no way to rid itself of the poison, my body was ejecting excrement back through my stomach and up the esophagus.

Monday night my wife and I went to an emergency room. The capable staff quickly diagnosed the problem from x-rays and cat scans. I was ambulanced to Lewisville Medical Center and scheduled for emergency hernia repair.

Luckily the surgery was successful. (If it hadn't been successful, I wouldn't be blogging now, would I?) Again, many thanks to all the great people who got me through this literally rancid experience. And thanks for the concern and good wishes from readers. For better or worse - and I know that opinions differ - this blog will soon resume normal business.

One other thing. Just be happy I didn't include any pictures with this post.

26 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why Tammy said RIP Casey Abell in a post in your last blog post then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now I know not to believe everything you read online. A reliable chat group mentioned his passing and I came to send my best to his family. Get well soon Casey. Hopefully I'll save my RIP for many years.

      Delete
    2. It is Zach on the same ip with 2 accounts. Tammy = Zach. Talking to himself. Disgusting!

      Delete
  3. God Bless and continued well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently discovered your blog and wanted to let you know I now read it regularly. I enjoy your writing very much. Thanks for the all the work you put into it. I am very glad you are on the road to recovery and not dead, as you yourself are no doubt also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Casey. Really glad to hear how successful. Yes, Thank goodness for the women and men who care for us in our health emergencies. Our situation can indeed get so very personal. Speedy recovery. As a old school game show fanatic, always enjoy your blog. I like your diverse opinion. Not always lines up with mine. Thanks for keeping up with our genre. Hope you continue for a long time. Take really good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd temporarily close the comments down on the other post if I were you. It's out of control. Glad to hear u are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't pose as Tammy, I only posed as Zach HOran on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All though I do not wish bad for anyone in the World I Do Fully Believe in my HEART That Casey Abell was Some RESPONSIBLE for the Cancellation of SALE OF THE CENTURY ON GSN NETWORK March 27 2015 IF I Was the DOCTORS I Would have Executed and Pull The Plug that is what this MAN Deserves for Punishing the Fans Of JIM PERRY to CASEY ABELL You GET WELL And YOUR JOB TO US IS TO BRING BACK SALE OF THE CENTURY ON GSN NETWORK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH SYN EPISODES 198 ? ? CRYSTAL MILLER AND THE REST OF THE SYN EPISODES FROM 1985-86 FOR US FANS OF JIM PERRY REWARD IS NOW 500,000 YOU CALL THEM AND DEMAND IT BACK ONCE IT IS BACK ON GSN NETWORK AT 10:00 A.M. THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO CASEY ABELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still my hope someday that you will seek the professional help that you desperately need Lexie.

      Delete
    2. Agreed 100% Her obsession is so bad, she eats, sleeps and thinks Jim Perry 24/7, with no end in sight. I agree with Robert that she needs psychiatric help. She may end up in jail if she continues her behavior. Maybe it's because of her that may explain GSN's decision to pull the plug on Jim Perry's Card Sharks and all Jim Perry shows. If I was a police officer, she'd be arrested.

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear it. Get well soon. And I agree, something needs to be done about the comments. They stopped being funny once they brought death into the conversation...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was Casey Abell responsible for the Cancellation of Sale Of The Century on GSN Network back on March 27 2015 YES he was Responsible in some way shape or form We all game show viewers were getting very close to the Great Run of Lisa Munoz back in 1986 in SYN Episodes of 1985-86 and to Stop it from Airing it was Cancelled and never brought back ever again

    ReplyDelete
  12. so you get well fast and you demand to GSN Network to put back OUR GAME SHOW Sale Of The Century back on GSN Network M-F At 10:00 A.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You are a poor excuse for a human being.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Be Well!" Mighty Casey, is at the podium with a score of $1,250.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have it on good authority that the real Casey Abell was a contestant on Celebrity Bucket Kickers. The "Casey" who posted that he's OK is an imposter like the fake Mickie James on NXT now. The real MJ was a contestant on CBK when she qualified on TNA Impact Wrestling, with the help of James Storm who pushed her on train tracks.

    ReplyDelete