Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Ratings: syndies edge up

Syndie game shows mostly made small gains in the latest week. In fact, the Sony soulmates both notched season highs. The bottom two also inched ahead. TV News Check has the household ratings for December 12-18...

Family Feud 7.2 - flat but leads all syndies
Wheel of Fortune 6.6 - up a tick to the new season high
Jeopardy 6.4 - also up a tick to a new high
Millionaire 1.7 - up a tick
Celebrity Name Game 1.4 - up a tick but it's cancelled anyway

It would be grim humor if Craig Ferguson makes season highs even after his show has gotten the ax. I'll also include the usual disclaimer about Wheel earning all its numbers from one daily run. Meanwhile, Millionaire has posted a blurb about its highest one-day audience this season on December 15: 2.53 million. The show has prospered with better time slots.

GSN averaged 439K viewers in prime time for 2016 (or almost all of the year). That was up a smidge from 2015's 423K. GSN's prime time numbers started strong in 2016 but tailed off in the fourth quarter with losers like Hellevator, Scare Tactics and Window Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. I think with the recent passing of Cindy who was on Jeopardy!, I would think ratings would rise a tick oe two.

    Non related, but I was browsing through old newspapers online and i saw an article from Pittsburgh Post Gazette from 1983, my local newspaper that caught my eye. Dawson Feud which aired on my local ABC affilate in the 80s at 7:30. It averaged a 34 share winning its timeslot. That's pretty huge I guess for its time. Also, saw that Price Is Right had a 34 share for my area. I guess people where I live loved their Bob Barker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pre-cable numbers look ridiculous by today's standards. Even run-of-the-mill stuff on the broadcast networks could get twenty ratings.

    ReplyDelete