Friday, November 25, 2016

Sneaky peekie

Like a few other people, I'm going to be out of the house when GSN runs its sneak peek of Divided today at 7:00 PM Eastern. So I won't be able to review the show. But that didn't stop me from blathering about it on Game Show Paradise. Not much can stop me from blathering on and on about any subject...

Divided has featured briefly in a few GSN promos. They list it as "coming in January." I'm sure we'll see much heavier promotion as the official premiere date gets closer. I assume they're slipping in the sneak peek today to see if it holds the audience during the Harvey Feud marathon. They probably want a read on how the show can perform without much promotion.

I wrote a blog entry about the sneak peek quite a while ago, when I noticed it on the ScreenerTV schedule. At first I thought it was just a blooper, but it looks like the sneak peek is really gonna happen.

As for GSN only caring about "reality trash," I don't think that's true at all. I do agree that GSN worries too much about younger demos, which has led to some bad programming decisions. But if they can lure the young'uns with traditional game shows, they're perfectly happy to do it. That's why Idiotest keeps getting renewed with only so-so total viewer numbers.

Speaking of reality trash, non-game show Window Whatever is getting horrendous numbers. 155K total viewers and a 0.02 18-49 rating for the November 22 ep. Look for this thing to disappear in a hurry. GSN's reality shows have crashed and burned lately, unless they've got naked girls.

UPDATE: Guess what. I managed to squeeze in a viewing of the Divided sneak peek. Long story short: I liked it. Four contestants have to agree on answers to tricky questions while the clock and their prize money tick down. This leads to spats and whines, but things never got too far out of hand on the sneak ep.

A bespectacled (?) Mike Richards took time off from his TPiR and LMAD showrunner duties to host. He refereed the spats pretty well and kept the show moving. The half-hour length worked to hold my attention. It's a lot better than window decorating, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. I suspect a rerun of the chase did comfortably better than Wubdow Warriors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. If you check the sidebar you'll see that The Chase's rerun in the afternoon on November 21 got a lot more viewers (239K) than Window Whatever in prime time on November 22 (155K).

      Delete
    2. GSN is reintroducing the show in preparation for new episodes coming in 2017! The Chase is NEW! NEW! NEW!

      Delete
  2. A racial epithet of sorts was thrown by that very left contestant to that guy on the far right. Mike Richards did well with the adlib "I am proud to be an American?" LOLOLOLOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that. It happened on the geography question about which continent is closest to Antarctica. "I'm from Africa, you're from India." Richards quieted things down well.

      Delete
  3. Former GSNN owner Scott Rainer was right. Mike Richards did get the nod for hosting this thing. Whoever is eliminated should take a guaranteed 5% of the pot & halving the question on a loss is dumb. Since,players can in the last round,let it all clicks down to 0 anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott Rahner was the only credible source for game show news! He needs to bring back his blog now!

      Delete