Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ratings: syndies go ho-hum

Syndie game shows blahed out for the week of October 17-23. None of the shows moved more than a tenth of a point. Wish I had more to tell you but I don't. TV News Check has the yawner household ratings...

Family Feud 6.5 - down a tick
Wheel of Fortune 6.0 - up a tick
Jeopardy 5.7 - flat, really exciting
Millionaire 1.6 - up a tick
Celebrity Name Game 1.3 - flat, bet you weren't expecting it

I've ranted and raved enough about GSN's misguided October Friday nights. So I'll just give the final week's numbers with no comment. Courtesy Douglas Pucci...

GSN 10/28 in total viewers (adults 18-49)
8:00 Family Feud 390K (91K)
8:30 Family Feud 399K (59K)
9:00 Hellevator 155K (25K)
10:00 Scare Tactics 101K (31K)
10:30 Scare Tactics 122K (46K)

Overall GSN had a very so-so month of October. 345K/253K viewers prime time/total day. The network ranked 42nd and 38th in the windows.

4 comments:

  1. You think if CNG keeps staying at a 1.3, it'll get renewed? Feud seems like it's been leading game shows for eternity. I wonder if Wheel will eventually take its spot back from Feud. Although Judy has a strong competitor in Steve. Hellevator will be canceled because even the demo was weak this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Celebrity Name Game and Millionaire achieving renewal for 2017-18.

      Keep in mind the median viewer age for Hellevator on 10/28 was over 70 years old.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how Wheel did on GSN last week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beats me. I don't get any Nielsen numbers beyond those published on the web. You might try asking Douglas Pucci at Programming Insider.

      I've noticed a lot of promos for Wheel on GSN lately. The network is obviously hoping for good numbers.

      Delete