Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ratings: Steve and GSN get happy

Before I get to the syndie ratings, a word about GSN for the week of May 30-June 6. I'm not sure, but the week may have set a record for GSN in prime time. Of course, the prime time average is almost all Steve Harvey Family Feud now, but the network still rocked to 557K/338K/533K viewers prime time/total day/extended prime time. GSN ranked 28th, 29th and 29th in the windows.

As if that weren't enough testimony to Steve's Nielsen magic, he also finished second among all syndies in the recently concluded May sweeps. Yes, he gets the benefit of multiple daily runs. But so does much of his competition. TV News Check has the household ratings and changes from last year for May sweeps...

Family Feud 7.1 - up eleven ticks from last May
Wheel of Fortune 6.4 - down a tick
Jeopardy 6.0 - down four ticks
Celebrity Name Game 1.4 - up a tick as Craig escapes the cellar
Millionaire 1.3 - down three ticks as the worse timeslots take their toll

Interestingly, Steve's talk show was unchanged from last May. What happened? Meanwhile, Separation Anxiety drew 745K viewers and a 0.30 18-49 rating for its season finale on June 7. Good enough for a renewal? I have my doubts, but we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I think TBS might like the demo Separation Anxiety puts up, but who knows. If it does get another go round, it's because of the demo. Feud is rocking and rolling. If his regular Feud puts up soaring numbers, who knows how much the Celebrity version will have.
    I'll say 10 or more million, but I'm spitballing. I would like to see the show unseat AGT as the #1 summer show on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Interestingly, Steve's talk show was unchanged from last May. What happened?"

      A ton of competition with other talk shows (an overcrowded genre) and the fact that (at least I do not think) Harvey's talk show is as interesting as Family Feud. I'm not just saying that from a game show perspective either.

      Delete
    2. I also saw a 550K to 600K primetime average coming with GSN. I observe the Family Feud primetime numbers each day now that most are provided by Douglas Pucci. Feud rerun numbers are unreal.

      Delete
  2. Millionaire got a huge timeslot upgrade in Detroit(from single run at 2 a.m. to double run at 3 p.m.), so let's see if that bumps it up a little.

    ReplyDelete