Sunday, May 15, 2016

NBC games

NBC's schedule for the 2016-17 season is out, and a couple of game shows make the list.

Much to my surprise Hollywood Game Night will return in a fifth go-round as a midseason replacement. At least the press release says the show will be back sooner or later. Jane Lynch and company produced some stinky ratings and I thought the show was a goner. Luckily for NBC, I don't run the network.

NBC's other traditional game show is The Wall, the much ballyhooed LeBron James project. Chris Hardwick will host, and the format involves a forty-foot wall and "quick thinking, shrewd strategy and a little luck with giant swings of fortune and millions of dollars changing on every ball." Sounds like the negotiations for an NBA superstar's contract. Maybe that's where LeBron got the idea (just kidding, I think).

The Wall will also fill in as a midseason replacement. We'll see if it lasts as long as Hollywood Game Night (surprisingly) has lasted.

7 comments:

  1. I know they're not game shows, but what do you think of the Fall shows on NBC? I would like to watch This is Us. It reminds me of Parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I dunno. I don't watch sitcoms or dramas very much.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I look forward to The Wall, but what is the status of "Quiz Up?" Is NBC still doing that show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute - NBC pulled the final episode of this season, but says that HGN will come back?

    I call shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NBC's own press release says the show will return. It's in the list of renewed shows. Hey, I'm surprised, too.

      Delete
    2. Jeez, Hollywood Game Night has probably lasted as long as Deal Or No Deal. But glad it's returning. I think Password will get revived. ABC has been going crazy with game show revivals.

      Delete
    3. Now that that fella mentioned they didn't show the final episode of this seasons Hollywood Game Night will NBC air it before the new season begins is the big question?

      Delete