Saturday, April 9, 2016

GSN promotes a game show!?

It's hard to believe, but once in a while GSN promotes an actual game show instead of a reality skein with naked girls.

Well, they're sort of promoting a game show. This YouTube link offers a glimpse of Winsanity, a game show due later this year on the network. Except the link says: "This video is unlisted. Only those with the link can see it." Looks like GSN doesn't want too many people to find out that the network is still in the game show business. I only found out about the link from Game Show Network News.

Winsanity is a pop culture quizzer hosted by Donald Faison of Scrubs fame. Contestants stack numerical answers from highest to lowest, as the screenshot shows. It would obviously help the pictured contestant (who's blocking Donald from view in the screenshot) to know a lot about Disney theme parks.

It's tempting to talk up Winsanity for the simple reason that it's a traditional game show. Most game show fans would probably like GSN to keep producing those things once in a while. But I'll call Winsanty as I see it when the show debuts, reportedly in June.

UPDATE: Maybe I didn't make things clear enough in the original post. The Winsanity video works fine. You just can't find the video with a YouTube search because it's not listed. You have to know the link. Then you can watch the video with no problems. That's how I got the screenshot in this post.

And sorry to state the obvious, but I really don't think that GSN is trying to hide the fact that they're still in the game show business. That was just a joke, folks (sort of). GSN probably made this video unlisted because they didn't want to spoil the on-air promos planned for Winsanity.

3 comments:

  1. Not quite sure why the GSN videos do not work for you. They work for me and others logged in and out of my Google accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? The video works fine for me. That's how I got the screenshot.

      The video just has that tag about not being listed on YouTube. Sure enough, when you search for the video on YouTube it doesn't appear. You have to know the link.

      Delete
    2. Casey: I apologize for the confusion in my above comment. I interpreted the following as YOU could not see the video:

      "Except the link says: "This video is unlisted. Only those with the link can see it." Looks like GSN doesn't want too many people to find out that the network is still in the game show business."

      My misunderstanding.

      Delete