Monday, March 14, 2016

She's regular

Saturday Night Live and Ariana Grande are definitely not among my entertainment favorites. But Google News is stuffed with stories right now about Ariana's Jennifer Lawrence imitation on SNL's Family Feud parody. So on a slow news weekend, what else is there to write about?

Believe it or not, Ms. Grande did pretty well as the faux Jennifer, as she regularly assured everybody that she's a regular person. She even likes Pringles. I can relate to that, and so could Kenan Thompson as Steve Harvey.

Sorry, but Kenan's imitation of Steve left me unimpressed. He wasn't getting too many laughs from the studio audience, either. He shouldn't try so hard to be giggly and jolly. One thing that did impress me was Ariana's ability to fill a cleavage-baring dress. She really did look like she was going to pop out at parties. (Man, am I dating myself. But I just read a Lucille Ball bio, so forgive me.)

Saturday Night Live doesn't draw that many viewers any more. It gets four-something household ratings most of the time. But media people still swoon over it. And if the game show parodies get some publicity, who am I to quibble?

No comments:

Post a Comment