Monday, February 22, 2016

Bye, Carrie

Some sad news on the Internet today. Carrie Grosvenor is leaving the About.com game show site.

The news really doesn't come as a surprise. Carrie had been blogging less and less, and a guy named Jason Block had been posting items on the site. In fact, the last entry on the site - a somewhat sour review of Paradise Run - went up February 5, and Block wrote it.

Carrie was always a voice of reason on the often contentious game show Interwebs. I think I would have keeled over in shock if she had ever addressed an f-word tweet to anybody. Not that she didn't have strong opinions or was afraid to express them. But she was always civil and understanding, and I only wish I could emulate her example better myself.

One sort of disclaimer: for a few years Carrie ran "Readers Choice" awards for game shows, and this blog always got a nomination in the best game show web site category. So I may be biased in Carrie's favor, but she still deserves this entry's praise, and more. Hail and farewell.

1 comment:

  1. I've just seen this Casey - thank you so much, I appreciate the mention. Just to be clear, the blogs at About were discontinued years ago and our focus changed to a few new pieces of content per month, with lots of updates to older content. That's the difference when you work for a larger company - you've gotta do what they tell you. ;-) I do miss the blogging though, it was the best part of the gig.

    All the best!!

    ReplyDelete