Saturday, December 12, 2015

Star Wars doesn't have to worry about this

On this blog I've been pretty hard on Jeopardy champ Arthur Chu. I've bashed his effort to suppress free speech on the Internet, his attempt to intimidate bar owners who hosted a meeting he didn't like, and his sour grapes grump that Ben Ingram's win in the T of C deserved an asterisk.

So I probably won't chip in to the crowdfunding effort for a movie about Mr. Chu. The linked begging article says they've already raised $15,000, anyway. But they still need $5,000 more for "kinetic sequences of Arthur's life on the Internet and his rich inner world." Not to mention yet another $5,000 for "a veteran editor to consult on the almighty story."

I'll just have to pass on the almighty story and rich inner world of Arthur Chu. But I do hope the movie gets made. Arthur is sort of a nerd hero, despite his political and personal rants. I catch a lot of grief on the web, too, so I can sympathize a bit with the oft-criticized Jeopardy maven.

But his idea to have his lawyers police the Internet still sucks.

3 comments:

  1. Casey, I WANT THE CHRISTMAS WEEK PDFs NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the "asterisk" comment a bit differently; to me at least it seemed like he would've applied it to himself as well, more that it was a high praise of Julia Collins than a dig at Ben Ingram. As much as I dislike Arthur Chu, it really did seem to me like he was moreso saying that if Julia wasn't so sick she probably would've beaten both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which, of course, is a slam on Ben Ingram as some kind of undeserving winner who should have lost to Julia Collins. It was a tactless and unnecessary swipe at Ben, who won the T of C fair and square.

      Delete