Thursday, December 10, 2015

Just another category

Didn't see Jeopardy last night - well, actually I watched the rerun from last year - so I missed the category based on the Broadway musical Hamilton.

But not to worry. The linked story from Playbill filled me in on all the Hamiltonian answers and questions. I feel ridiculously proud of myself for knowing the correct responses. To be honest, though, the category seems awfully simple for anybody who's had a course in American history. (They still teach that subject in high school, don't they?) George III is a pretty easy guess for the English king, after all, and the other clues aren't exactly obscure.

Jeopardy can make me feel like an idiot, just like anybody else who's ever watched the show. But when I nail a category, I get all impressed with myself. Which is silly because the correct responses only prove that I've misspent my life on dumb trivia.

Meanwhile, I'm a little antsy thinking about how many of today's high school students would have a clue about Alexander Hamilton. Is he just the guy on the ten dollar bill to them? He may not even be on the bill much longer.

3 comments:

  1. Casey, I WANT THE PDFs FOR CHRISTMAS WEEK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he never puts them up because you were such a jerk about it. Buzz off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too long of a wait! I WANT THE PDFs NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete