Monday, November 16, 2015

Unseen schedule changes

Just dawned on me that I haven't posted anything about Buzzr TV lately. It's hard to write much about a subchannel that I don't get on my cable system and that doesn't run anything new, anyway. But I did notice a slight change in the Buzzr schedule starting next Monday, November 23.

Looks like Match Game gets ejected from prime time in favor of Card Sharks. I know it's silly of me to care at all about this teensy-weensy schedule change on a channel I can't watch, but it's still a little bit of a downer. Match Game is my favorite game show ever and that includes everything. Card Sharks is a boring variant of acey-deucey, a boring game to begin with.

There are a few other minor switches, which nobody except the hardest core Internet game show hardcores will care about, or even notice. The big hoohah will come - and it's inevitable - when Fremantle decides that it's time for Buzzr to make a few bucks. In will come Harvey Feud and other modern-day shows, and out will come the screams and whimpers on Buzzr's Facebook page.

But that's still in the future, though my guess is that the future isn't so very far away. After a while the green eyeshade guys at Fremantle will want to see at least a little money from Buzzr.

6 comments:

  1. Bummer. I don't mind card sharks, but it's not as entertaining as Match Game, so I'll miss having MG to dial up at 11 p.m. when I need a break from far more important things in my world, of which there are too many.

    Given I've only had Buzzr since late September here in Minneapolis and am already irritated by the frequency in which they rerun episodes of the shows they do air, having the same four weeks of Card Sharks in prime time isn't going to entice me to watch more often. They really need to dump the heavy dependency on Tattle Tales. It's nice to see some vintage Convy, but it should run as infrequently as Blockbusters.

    I'll be curious to see if, and how, they lean on TPIR to boost interest in the channel. That seems like a better way to draw attention to their channel than saying "we rerun Steve Harvey, too."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the chances that Fremantle Media will file for bankruptcy or something like that and cause BUZZR (and its rerun abuse of its game show episodes aired in rotation) to cease operations after 2015 is over and 2016 begins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darryl, seriously, pipe down. Casey never said they'll go bankrupt (this channel is a drip in their bucket, and most likely hasn't incurred any real expense), and you always assume the worst.

      Heck, at this rate, cutting the plug on this channel might be a blessing, since I now seriously doubt that adding modern fare could even boost it a tiny bit.

      Delete
  3. I just don't see the point of this network if they're going to rErin abuse the classics thst could be seen on GSN already

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest; I wouldn't care what shows (even if they're from recent times) they air as long as they're fresh to the channel. I'll give them that they aren't widely distributed (I'm willing to bet that they simply can't sell the channel, period), but at some point, that simply becomes an excuse.

    They either need to do something to entice sales for Buzzr (if that means modern fare, so be it, I say), or just admit defeat and pull the plug on it. Continuing to spin their wheels and upset the 30 viewers (tops) they have makes zero sense to me.

    ReplyDelete