Friday, September 25, 2015

Jeopardy for jock sniffers

Sports Jeopardy kicked off (sorry) its second season this week. I dropped by Crackle for a look.

Not much has changed from the first go-round. The biggest tweak is returning champions instead of one-and-done. Which seems like a natural. This is Jeopardy, after all. The champs get to come back on Alex's show.

Sports Jeopardy still takes advantage of host Dan Patrick's talk radio background. He chats with the contestants for a while, both during and after the game. One of the players on the debut ep was nicknamed "Cream Cheese." Dan had some fun with the moniker.

Speaking of Dan, he seems more relaxed to me in this episode, though this is only my subjective impression. Maybe he's not so worried any more about living up to Alex's example. He looks and sounds more assured and in control of the show.

The debut ep came down to Final Jeopardy, and plenty of surprises ensued. I won't spoil the outcome, but the losing contestants came up with the same answer as I did. Which just proves that I don't know much about sports except for baseball and golf.

2 comments:

  1. Casey, I WANT TODAY'S PRICE IS RIGHT RECAP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete