Thursday, August 27, 2015

More celebs and their names

Celebrity Name Game put out the press release today about the second season.

The new episodes begin September 21, a week after the other syndie game shows. Somebody always has to be different. The release talks up the show's performance in the women 25-54 demo. Which just shows that people in the game show business are painfully aware of demos, despite commenter rants on this blog about "ageism" and "bigotry."

The release also lauds Craig Ferguson for his Daytime Emmy. The host is clearly a major plus for this show, with his unflagging energy and often sardonic humor. There were some rumors about gameplay changes for the second season, but nothing major looks to be happening. The game described in the release is pretty much the same as the first go-round. Just a few tweaks to include a wider variety of clues and categories.

The release also lists some of the celeb players for the new season. Weird Al Yankovic shows up! Maybe he can record a parody song about losing on Celebrity Name Game.

11 comments:

  1. Except for the fact that demos based on ages ARE based on ageism and bigotry. They're discriminating against older people. Do you get it now???

    And you're a jackass for calling me out. Totally uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furthermore, if you ever call me out again, I WILL gather your personal information and we can settle this beef outside of this website. Got it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you talking to yourself 😂😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. "Furthermore, if you ever call me out again, I WILL gather your personal information and we can settle this beef outside of this website. Got it?"

      You're getting close to legally actionable threats. I would let this alone right now. Do you understand me?

      Find some other blogger to bother with your silly comments.

      Delete
    3. Let me help: 2317 Hazy Meadows Ln
      Flower Mound, TX 75028-1976
      (972) 724-0772

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the info! If Casey picks another fight with me, like he did with the above CNG story, he and I will discuss the issue over the phone number you just gave out.

      If Casey leaves the issue alone and doesn't insult me again, OTOH, then they're won't be anymore problems.

      Delete
  3. Okay, for all you Googlers. I'll pose the question that nobody could answer last time. I was in the Peace Corps. name the country and the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sorry to be legalistic, but I've got to issue the standard disclaimer. Anybody using publicly available information to harass me or my family will end up speaking to law enforcement personnel. Now get to Googling and see if you can come up with the answer to the Peace Corps question.

      Delete
    2. Then you leave me out of your future blogs with your snide remarks about what I feel very strongly about (the ageism issue) and I'll leave you alone and won't post here anymore.

      Fair enough Casey?

      Delete
    3. Okay, but can you find the answer to the Peace Corps question? Believe it or not, I couldn't find it myself on the web. I figured that somewhere there would be a database of information on returned PCVs.

      There is some information about, sadly, PCVs who died in service. And there are other bits and pieces here and there. But no comprehensive database that I could find.

      By the way, I'll continue to point out the genre's old skew when it's relevant to the discussion. People in the business are all too aware of the demos.

      Delete