Thursday, May 8, 2014

Guess who won on Jeopardy

Jeopardy continues to crank through its battle of the decades. So far the three obvious favorites have made the semis. Roger Craig, Brad Rutter and Ken Jennings will be around next week.

Craig seemed nervous and struggled a bit in his quarterfinal, but eventually slipped by. Rutter waltzed from start to finish, as a faux tweet noted. And Ken Jennings was, well, Ken Jennings. Intimidating to a ridiculous degree.

Funny thing, Ken started out slowly tonight, dipping into negative territory. That didn't last long. Pretty soon he was in control and began to lengthen his lead. He wrapped up the episode with an absurd display on an absurd category. You had to guess the correct person's initials, translate those initials into Roman numerals, and then give the modern-day numerical equivalent.

Somehow Jennings ran the category with insanely quick responses. He did the calculations so fast, it truly was scary. Who is this guy? Okay, he's Ken Jennings, I know, but nobody should be able to cut through those devious clues so speedily. It's not fair, Mommy. For the record, Ken won with exactly $40,000. A nice round number.

Upsets happen, so who knows how the semis will tumble next week. But I would not bet against the 74-game winner.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I'd like to mention a game show message board you should join that has people you'll recognize on it from GSN. 99% of them in fact, its called Game Show Paradise and it its kinda temporary until GDN puts up new boards. I bring it up because I enjoyed your debates and posts on game shows on the messagd boards. http://gsparadise.proboards.com/

    Recently we added GSN Games section on there for the GSN Gamers. I'd be much obliged if you wanted to join.

    I see its under your blogroll but thought I'd mention it. Sorry to be off topic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a link to the board in the sidebar a few days ago. Sorry, but I'm not interested in joining right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I'd mention. I enjoyed your "debates" on the GSN Forums with the other members.

    ReplyDelete