Thursday, March 13, 2014

Two GSN originals

A couple of one-and-done originals (as in seasons) are returning to GSN in repeats. Carrie Ann Inaba's 1 vs. 100 and Bill Engvall's Lingo will take the noon hour starting March 17.

I didn't mind either show, though I thought Engvall was by far the better host. In fact, I'll commit the heresy of preferring his remake to Chuck Woolery's version. Not that I disliked Chuck's show. I purely love both of GSN's Lingo runs. But then I'm a sucker for word games.

Engvall brought some goofball humor to the show, though, which brightened up the letter-picking challenges. Meanwhile, GSN's 1 vs. 100 was a downright cheap version of the NBC original, which I can understand on GSN's cable-sized budgets. I'm afraid that Carrie Ann grated on me with her oft-repeated catch phrases. But she was easy on the eyes.

It's hard to see GSN ever doing new episodes of either show, unless their ratings just blow the Nielsen doors off. Which I doubt will happen at noon. But the old eps deserve a second look.

8 comments:

  1. When are you going to put the schedules for the week of April 7-13? Are there going to be some schedule changes for that week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted all the schedules into the first week of May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the GSN Online Schedule effective the week of March 17th, 1 vs. 100 (Inaba) will air at noon, Engvall Lingo at 12:30pm (ET) and 1 vs. 100 (Saget) at 5pm (ET). Just a heads up but they must have forgotten to send out the March 17-23 pdf's

    http://gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com/2014/03/daytime-schedule-changes-starting-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the week of April 28-May 4, are there going to be some changes on the schedule for the week of May 5-11?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know. I haven't gotten the schedule for May 5-11.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had hoped that GSN would start running shows of Super Password and The $25,000 Pyramid from the last years (which haven't been shown in a while). I had also hoped that they would show a tribute to Geoff Edwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't gotten a revised schedule for March 17-23, but the online schedule does show 1 vs. 100 and Engvall Lingo at noon. I'll change the entry accordingly. The Jim Lange tribute unfortunately flopped hard in the ratings (see the sidebar) so I doubt we'll get a Geoff Edwards tribute.

    ReplyDelete